- Authors should submit original papers in the English language, following author guidelines, not submitted elsewhere, below 15% of similarity, as a single PDF document.
- Submitted papers should not exceed 5000 words and should range from 12 to 14 pages.
- Download the sample paper from the following link, usable as a template to prepare your paper/s, and for further details, please check the Springer author guidelines. The paper template must strictly adhere to the CCIS Springer Template which can be downloaded from the link below:
- Paper/s should be submitted via EasyChair by clicking on the button below:
- Papers will pass through a single-blind peer-review process. Upon acceptance, at least one author must register to present at the conference.
Files should be in MS Word/ LaTeX format only and should be formatted for direct printing, using the Springer CCIS template provided.
Points to note on formatting your MS Word file/ LaTeX file
Figures and tables should be embedded and not supplied separately.
Please make sure that you use as much as possible normal fonts in your documents. Special fonts may cause problems during processing.
To avoid unnecessary errors, you are strongly advised to use the 'spellchecker' function of MS Word or tools like Grammarly.
Do not make any changes to the structure of the template as this can lead to production errors.
Papers should be prepared in the following order:
- Introduction: to explain the background work, the practical applications and the nature and purpose of the paper.
- Body: to contain the primary message, with clear lines of thought and validation of the techniques described.
- Acknowledgements (when appropriate)
- Appendices (when appropriate)
- Section headings: should be left justified, with the first letter capitalised and numbered consecutively, starting with the Introduction. Sub-section headings should be in capital and lower-case italic letters, numbered 1.1, 1.2, etc, and left justified, with second and subsequent lines indented.
Please do not alter the formatting and style layouts which have been set up in the template document.
As indicated in the template, papers should be prepared in CCIS Springer single column format. Do not number pages on the front, as page numbers will be added separately for the preprints and the Proceedings. Leave a line clear between paragraphs. All the required style templates are provided in the link above with the appropriate name supplied.
- Title Page: The first page should include-
Click on the existing text and enter the title of the paper using sentence case.
- Each author's name and affiliation, including present address
Authors' names: Remember to include the correct superscript linking to the appropriate affiliation details. Affiliations: Remember to include the correct superscript linking to the appropriate author details.
- Abstract (50-100 words): Insert an abstract of 50-100 words, giving a brief account of the most relevant aspects of the paper.
- Keywords (5-10)
Insert 5-10 keywords.
Please follow the template style for all the above features.
- Tables: All tables should be numbered with Arabic numerals. Headings should be placed above tables, left justified. Leave one line space between the heading and the table. Only horizontal lines should be used within a table, to distinguish the column headings from the body of the table, and immediately above and below the table. Tables must be embedded into the text and not supplied separately.
- Illustrations: All figures should be numbered with Arabic numerals (1, 2, ...). All photographs, schemas, graphs and diagrams are to be referred to as figures. Line drawings should be good quality scans or true electronic output. Low-quality scans are not acceptable. Figures must be embedded into the text and not supplied separately. Lettering and symbols should be clearly defined either in the caption or in a legend provided as part of the figure. Figures should be placed at the top or bottom of a page wherever possible, as close as possible to the first reference to them in the paper. The figure number and caption should be typed below the illustration in 10pt and left justified. Artwork has no text along the side of it in the main body of the text. However, if two images fit next to each other, these may be placed next to each other to save space.
- Equations : Equations and formulae should be typed in Mathtype, and numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in parentheses on the right hand side of the page (if referred to explicitly in the text). They should also be separated from the surrounding text by one space.
- References: In the text the number of the reference should be given in square brackets. For references with more than two authors, text citations should be shortened to the first name followed by et al., e.g. Jones  discovered that...; Recent results from Brown and Carter  and Green et al.  indicate that (...). Only essential references, which are directly referred to in the text, should be included in the reference list. References must be listed in numerical order at the end of the paper. Do not begin them on a new page unless this is absolutely necessary. They should be prepared according to the sequential numeric system making sure that all material mentioned is generally available to the reader. Journal references should include: author's surname and initials; initials and surnames of remaining authors; article title (where provided); abbreviated journal title (in italics), year of publication, volume number and page numbers. References to books should include: author's surname and initials; surnames and initials of remaining authors; the book title (in italics); the place of publication and the name of the publisher; and year of publication. References to multi-author works should include author.s surname(s) and initials, the chapter title (where provided); "In:" followed by book title (in italics); initials and name(s) of editors(s) in brackets; volume number and pages; the place of publication and name of the publisher, followed by the year of publication. Here is an example of some references listed according to the sequential numeric system:
- Author, F.: Article title. Journal 2(5), 99–110 (2016).
- Author, F., Author, S.: Title of a proceedings paper. In: Editor, F., Editor, S. (eds.) CONFERENCE 2016, LNCS, vol. 9999, pp. 1–13. Springer, Heidelberg (2016).
- Author, F., Author, S., Author, T.: Book title. 2nd edn. Publisher, Location (1999).
- Author, F.: Contribution title. In: 9th International Proceedings on Proceedings, pp. 1–2. Publisher, Location (2010).
- LNCS Homepage, http://www.springer.com/lncs, last accessed 2016/11/21.
- Footnotes: Footnotes should be avoided if possible. Necessary footnotes should be denoted in the text by consecutive superscript letters. The footnotes should be typed single spaced, and in smaller type size (8pt), at the foot of the page in which they are mentioned and separated from the main text by a short line extending at the foot of the column. The .Els-footnote. style is available in the MS Word Template for the text of the footnote.
Please do not change the margins of the template as this can result in the footnote falling outside printing range.
- General guidelines for the preparation of your text: Avoid hyphenation at the end of a line. Symbols denoting vectors and matrices should be indicated in bold type. Scalar variable names should normally be expressed using italics. Weights and measures should be expressed in SI units. All non-standard abbreviations or symbols must be defined when first mentioned, or a glossary provided.
The Springer CCIS Copyright transfer form will be mailed to the authors individually and your consent will be obtained after the acceptance of the paper.
We wish you success with your publication. Should you experience any difficulties during the preparation of your paper, please contact the Publication Chair for further information.